Situated in Plaza of the Staircase to the 2 height in front of the famous theater, the Building Marino was built between 1553 and 1558 to work of the architect perugino Galeazzo Alessi on application of the rich dealer and banker Genoese Thomas Marino from which it derives the name.
The part turns toward the Theater to the Staircase for years incomplete, in the 1892 Luca Beltrami,
it completed the building respecting through studies the native architecture of the Alessi.
The courtyard is decorated by numerous statues. In the courtyard of honor of Building Marino the decorations are turned to two principal themes, in the inferior register the hero's exaltation through the narration of the enterprises of Ercole, while in the superior register the strength of love is exalted in its launchings stadiums, through the representations of images drawn by the Metamorphoses of Ovidio. Few is known on the authors of the decorations, perhaps effected by the workers of the Cathedral Á. the plain earth it is situated the Room Alessi constituted by beautiful decorations to fed up and paintings.
Because of the bombardments of the II world war, the ruins of the building were submitted to long restaurations finished in 1954 with the return of the offices of the Public Town Administration.
September 9 th 1861 the mayor Antonio Beretta transferred the town center near Building Marino, currently the offices of the Mayor are entertained, of the Deputy Mayor, of the Presidency of the Town Suggestion, the General Reception office and the General Direction.
Piazza della Scala